Fifth person appears in court accused of Joanne Penney murder in Talbot Green
The 40 year old died after being shot in the chest on March 9
Last updated 17th Mar 2025
A fifth person has appeared in court accused of murdering a 40-year-old woman in South Wales, in what may be a case of mistaken identity.
Joanne Penney died after being shot in the chest at an address in Talbot Green on March 9.
Jordan Mills-Smith, 32, from Pentwyn, Cardiff, the fifth person charged with her murder, appeared before Merthyr Magistrates' Court on Monday.
He was arrested in the Suffolk area on Friday March 14.
Mills-Smith, who is bald with a short beard, was wearing a grey tracksuit and limped into the dock holding his back. He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
District Judge Neale Thomas remanded Mills-Smith into custody to appear with the rest of the defendants at Cardiff Crown Court on Tuesday.
Mr Thomas said: "The nature of this offence means it has to be heard in the crown court."
Police have previously said they are exploring several lines of inquiry, including that Ms Penney was the victim of mistaken identity.
Marcus Huntley, 20, from St Mellons, Cardiff; Melissa Quailey-Dashper, 39, from Leicester; Joshua Gordon, 27, from Oadby, Leicestershire; and Tony Porter, 68, from Braunstone Town, Leicestershire, were all previously charged with murder.
Porter has also been charged with participating in the criminal activities of an organised crime group.
Kristina Ginova, 21, from Oadby, Leicestershire, has been charged with assisting an offender.
They all appeared before Cardiff Magistrates' Court on Saturday and were remanded into custody.
Ms Penney died after being shot in the chest at an address in Llys Illtyd, in Talbot Green, South Wales.