Teenager due in court charged over Harehills disorder

The 16 year old is accused of violent disorder and arson

The remains of a bus that was torched during the disorder
Author: Matt SoanesPublished 20th Mar 2025

A 16 year old boy is due in court today charged following the rioting in Harehills last summer.

The teenager, who can't be named for legal reasons, will appear before Leeds Crown Court accused of violent disorder and arson - said to have happened on the evening of July 18 2024.

He's the 19th person charged in connection with the rioting, in which crowds confronted police and set fire to a bus.

71 arrests have been made so far, with 19 people charged.

West Yorkshire Police says its using facial recognition technology to identify further suspects.

Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.