Teenagers sentenced after knife-point robberies in Peterborough

The force says they targeted other teenagers

Author: Grace O'HarePublished 17th Jul 2025

Three teenage boys, who committed a series of robberies in Peterborough - including holding a machete to a victim’s neck, have been sentenced.

A 14 and 16-year-old were behind a robbery on Bridge Street in August last year, where they threatened a girl and her boyfriend and made off with a phone charger and £20.

The pair fled when the girl managed to call for help, but they were later identified through CCTV.

In February, the 14-year-old struck again, this time with a 15-year-old boy.

The force says they targeted three teenage boys near Hampton Hargate Primary School.

The 15-year-old pulled out a machete and held it to one boy’s throat while they were robbed of clothes, a phone, and other belongings.

All three were sentenced on Wednesday (15 July) at Peterborough Crown Court.

The 14-year-old admitted four robberies and an attempted robbery and was handed a six-month curfew with a tag, a ban from parts of the city, and 20 days of rehabilitation.

The 15-year-old, who admitted robbery and carrying a weapon, received a similar curfew and rehab programme.

The 16-year-old was referred to a youth offender panel after admitting robbery and attempted robbery.

DC Guiste said: “These were terrifying experiences for the young victims who were simply going about their day.

“Threats and intimidation like this are completely unacceptable and the use of a machete in the second robbery is particularly shocking.

“It is sad to see such young people involved in the criminal justice system. I hope they engage with the rehabilitation programmes and make more positive choices in the future.”

Hear all the latest news from across the UK on the hour, every hour, on Greatest Hits Radio on DAB, smartspeaker, at greatesthitsradio.co.uk, and on the Rayo app.