Lincoln Castle preparing for return of live music

The likes of Human League and the Sugababes will be performing from Friday June 13

Published 13th Jun 2025

Live music returns to Lincoln Castle from Friday 13 June.

60,000 people are set to visit the venue over 10 evenings, with acts including Sting and The Stranglers.

It's the second year the historic site has been transformed into an open air music venue.

We've been talking to promoter Mark Harrison about it's unique challenges, "If I had my time again and could speak to William the Conqueror - please could he make the access way a little wider," he said.

"All of the staging has been brought in by hand, we've had a team of 60 people, all carrying it one by one.

"As our guests enter the first thing they see is the amazing stage sitting against the court building."

Six acts played last year's maiden event, with their success meaning nearly double the number are playing this year - from Friday 13 June to Friday 27 June.

Mark is from Lincoln, and says he's proud to be hosting events at the Castle, " Since I left some years ago, Lincoln City is amazing, how the University has grown and the Brayford Marina.

"We've been welcomed into the City, by people both enjoying the concerts and the business community getting engaged.

"The atmosphere is one of inclusive, it's not so huge that you'll be so far down you're looking at the video screen.

"That welcoming aspect, enjoying major acts within metres, gives it that up close and personal feeling."